Tips & Tricks on Travelling Sober
Traveling sober can be hard at times but it does get easier as long as you take care of yourself & use the correct tools.
- Meditating for 10 min. first thing when you wake up.
- Travel with at least one other person who is sober or doesn’t drink a lot & supports your sobriety.
- Have a sober friend to call when you’re triggered.
- Always have a drink in hand. for some reason this really works. i constantly had at least a water & a energy drink on me. oh & some snackies.
- Get enough sleep. at least 6-8 hours.
- Have an exit plan. let your friends know when you’re tired you’re going to go back to the hotel/airbnb.
- If you’re feeling overstimulated go to the bathroom & focus on breath-work for 5 minutes.
- If you’re at a party, my go to was sparkling water with lemon. you tend to get asked less if you’re drinking.
- Do your best to have a morning & evening routine. for me, that was always doing my skincare routine, etc.
- Go on walks &/or workout for at least 15-30 min every day if you can.
- Drink all the mock-tails & eat the damn desert.
- be confident in your no i don’t want to drink. most people will respect your decision & if they don’t they aren’t people you want to travel with or be around.
- If you feel pressure to drink or that people are judging you remind yourself that it is only a reflection of their toxic relationship with alcohol.
- Play the tape forward if you’re feeling triggered & remember your why’s. it helps having your reasons for not drinking on your phone.
More from: Lifestyle